Sunday, October 18

Review: The Noticer (by Andy Andrews)

"Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective."

I really want to meet Jones. I first heard about him on a Sunday afternoon while reading a book called “The Noticer”. Once I started reading the book, I couldn't put it down until I was finished. It was a quick and easy read, a heartwarming yet profound story that I will definitely read again.

We would likely complain if all we had to eat was a simple meal of sardines and sausage while sitting in the sand, but Jones saw this as dining on “surf and turf” with an ocean view. It is all about perspective. Jones touched so many lives, at their time of extreme loneliness, hopelessness or desperation. He helped each character in the story to see things differently, which in turn changed their lives.

Jones reminds us that, “Whatever you focus on, increases.” This book challenged me to reflect on my own life, and it made me realize that my way of seeing things is not necessarily the only way or the right way.

I especially enjoyed the way Jones described how people have the attributes of one of four different animals – a canary, a cat, a puppy, and a goldfish. His comparisons are ingenious (as well as a bit humorous), and overall ... this book is a very enjoyable read.

Thank you to Thomas Nelson Publishing for providing a complimentary electronic copy of this book, for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment