Sunday, December 27

Review: Broken Angel (by Sigmund Brouwer)

"Her birth was shrouded in mystery and tragedy. Her destiny is beyond comprehension. Her pursuers long to see her broken. She fights to soar."

Caitlyn is a young girl with so many unanswered questions, and she and her companions are forced to flee from bounty hunters, and even Caitlyn doesn't understand why.

Some words in a letter to Caitlyn from her father: "I do not regret the price I paid for my love for you. But I do regret what it has cost you, all your life. And I have never stopped regretting all that I've kept hidden from you. My confession begins with how I deceived you the day after your sixth birthday. You may still believe that we went to the surgeon to help the dove, the one you named Angel. It was a lie. If only that were the worst of my sins ..."

I love this song Beautiful Bird by Cindy Morgan and it is an awesome completion to Caitlyn's journey at the end of the novel.



This story is an incredibly fast-paced journey that captured my attention immediately, and I couldn't put the book down. This story has a post-apocalyptic edge, not my usual genre of books, but I absolutely loved it.



This book Broken Angel: A Novelwas purchased by me, for my personal collection.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I loved the Beautiful Bird song, and will definitely check out this book.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete