Wednesday, March 17

The Star Powered Twins by Dorothy A. Lecours (Kid's Book Review)

I have just finished reviewing a book that is very disturbing. The complete title on this book is "A Law of Attraction Book for Children, the S.T.A.R. Powered Twins, Discover the Secret of Words!" created and written by Dorothy A. Lecours.

When I first heard about this book, the overall concept sounded good to me, and I wanted to find out more.

In the forward of this book, the author talks about the influence of Reiki, meditation, chakra balancing, numerology, dream interpretations, and animal totem guidance, etc. on her life. And this is supposed to be a kid's book?

By just flipping through some of the pages, I am confident that I will not be reading the rest of this book, and I will not be passing it on to anyone else.

Unfortunately, there are many who do believe in the ideas presented in this book. There are people who are eager to influence their children to believe in these dangerous concepts. There might be some good ideas in this book, but the dangers far outweigh the good.

Thank you to Author Marketing Experts for sending me a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of my honest review, and that is exactly what I have documented here.

One of my favourite quotes is listed on my left side bar, "If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions."

I truly believe this quote, but when you get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, it is time to quit reading.

I am actually glad that I had a chance to look at this book, and maybe because of this review, others will think twice before selecting this book for the children in their lives.

I know this review may seem extremely harsh, but we are encouraged to be totally honest about the books that we review. I tried really hard to find something positive about the book, but I honestly don't think there is anything worth mentioning.

2 comments:

  1. WOah!!

    I don't know what else to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.....this is on my pile to be reviewed and I think it just got bumped to the top. Now I'm interested to see what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete