Sunday, May 30

Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow

Now available in trade paperback, "Presumed Innocent" brings to life our worst nightmare: that of an ordinary citizen facing conviction for the most terrible of crimes. Prosecutor Rusty Sabich is transformed from accuser to accused when he is handed an explosive case--that of the brutal murder of a woman who happens to be his former lover.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Scott Turow is a writer and attorney. He is the author of seven best-selling novels: Presumed Innocent (1987), The Burden of Proof (1990), Pleading Guilty (1993), The Laws of Our Fathers (1996), Personal Injuries (1999), Reversible Errors (2002) and Ordinary Heroes (2005). A novella, Limitations, was published as a paperback original in November 2006 by Picador following its serialization in The New York Times Magazine. His works of non-fiction include One L (1977) about his experience as a law student, and Ultimate Punishment (2003), a reflection on the death penalty.

MY REVIEW

This book has been in my TBR pile for several weeks now, and unfortunately, I really struggled to get through it. The book description had me intrigued, and I was anxious to read Presumed Innocent in anticipation for the sequel called Innocent which was released earlier this month.

However, I was a bit disappointed in this book. Not in the story itself, as I believe the subject made for a great story. I was disappointed in the excessive use of profanity and explicit sexual scenes. I tried skimming over the parts that I found offensive, but I am sure that I was missing some very relevant parts in the overall story.

With so much awesome reading material available these days, I will not put this book at the top of my recommended list. But if you enjoy legal thrillers that keep you guessing right to the end, then you will likely enjoy this book.

Thank you to Hachette Books for a complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment