Sunday, September 19

Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin

In the bestselling tradition of Rescuing Sprite comes the story of a puppy brought back from the brink of death, and the family he adopted.

In 2002, Larry Levin and his twin sons, Dan and Noah, took their terminally ill cat to the Ardmore Animal Hospital outside Philadelphia to have the beloved pet put to sleep. What would begin as a terrible day suddenly got brighter as the ugliest dog they had ever seen--one who was missing an ear and had half his face covered in scar tissue--ran up to them and captured their hearts. The dog had been used as bait for fighting dogs when he was just a few months old. He had been thrown in a cage and left to die until the police rescued him and the staff at Ardmore Animal Hospital saved his life. The Levins, whose sons are themselves adopted, were unable to resist Oogy's charms, and decided to take him home.

Heartwarming and redemptive, OOGY is the story of the people who were determined to rescue this dog against all odds, and of the family who took him home, named him "Oogy" (an affectionate derivative of ugly), and made him one of their own.



Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (Oct 12 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0446546313
ISBN-13: 978-0446546317

MY THOUGHTS

I love Oogy! This adorable dog captured my heart right from the first pages ... his enthusiasm, his devotion to his newly adopted family, and his determination to fight the horrific injuries he sustained as a bait dog.

This story talks about the adoption of two baby boys into a family who desperately wanted children, and the adoption of a horribly disfigured young pup who had never experienced love in his short life. It is a heart warming story of unconditional love and acceptance, and the incredible bond between a special family and their special dog.

Disclosure: I received a complimentary advanced reader copy of Oogy from Hachette Books in exchange for my honest review. I was not compensated for my thoughts.

Check out my Current Giveaways page for a chance to win a copy of Oogy.

2 comments:

  1. I love animal stories that end HEA. I have 3 cats and my daugher moved in with her cat so my house now belongs to 4 cats. lol All were adopted and one has physical birth defect but that does not limited him in being normal.
    Any person who can abuse an animal is one I don't want to know.
    Thanks for the review.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review makes this book sound very appealing to me and I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete