Sep 5, 2010

You Changed My Life by Max Lucado

If someone has changed your life for the good, now is the time to celebrate by letting them know how much they matter.

Oftentimes true heroes of faith don’t stand out in the world, but they have made a lasting difference in someone’s life—they’re a hero to someone. This gift book celebrates their story by first providing a dedication beginning with “You changed my life by___” to be written in detail by the giver to the recipient. To follow are stories told by Max about others who have answered the call of their convictions and took steps of faith (both big and small) resulting in lasting change in the lives around them. It’s a message that honors the person who receives the book, and inspires us all to see that real people with remarkable hearts can change lives.

Find out more about the author at http://www.maxlucado.com

MY REVIEW

You Changed My Life is the perfect gift book for someone whose actions have changed your life, for the better. Written in the typical Max Lucado style, this book has a collection of short stories that show the incredible impact that one act of kindness can have on someone else. There are relevant scriptures sprinkled between the individual stories, reinforcing the importance of our relationships with each other.

Here is a great quote from the book, in a story titled “Thanks for the Courage”:

“I’m writing to say thanks. I wish I could thank you personally, but I don’t know where you are. I wish I could call you, but I don’t know your name. If I knew your appearance, I’d look for you, but your face is fuzzy in my memory. But I’ll never forget what you did.”

The rest of this particular story is about how a young man had courage to venture out of his comfort zone. His actions may have seemed insignificant at the time, but it changed another young man’s life about five years later, just because of his memory of that particular day.

The front of the book has a special dedication page with a place to write a few personal words, and I would love to give a copy to several people in my life. This little book is an awesome gift to show others just how much they are appreciated.

You Changed My Life: Stories of Real People With Remarkable Hearts
Hardcover: 192 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (Sep 14 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1404187839
ISBN-13: 978-1404187832

Disclosure:  I received a complimentary copy of You Changed My Life from Book Sneeze, in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment