Wednesday, October 27

A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman

What happens when the boy she loved to hate becomes the man she hates to love?

The 1920s are drawing to a close, and feisty Katie O'Connor is the epitome of the new woman--smart and sassy with goals for her future that include the perfect husband and a challenging career in law. Her boyfriend Jack fits all of her criteria for a husband--good-looking, well-connected, wealthy, and eating out of her hand. But when she is forced to spend the summer of 1929 with Luke McGee, the bane of her childhood existence, Katie comes face-to-face with a choice. Will she follow her well-laid plans to marry Jack? Or will she fall for the man she swore to despise forever?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Julie Lessman is the author of A Passion Most Pure, A Passion Redeemed, and A Passion Denied. Lessman has garnered several writing awards, including ten Romance Writers of America awards. She lives in Missouri.

Visit Julie's website at http://www.julielessman.com/

MY THOUGHTS

This is the first book I have read by Julie Lessman and I really didn't know what to expect. It took me quite a while to get into the story, but about half way through the book, I was hooked.

Katie is the youngest daughter in the O'Connor family and she is very spoiled, to say the least. I enjoyed how Katie's character developed and matured, yet I also felt her pain and frustration when things didn't go the way she thought they should. There was a strong theme of learning to trust God in all aspects of life, and Katie's story is a very interesting journey.

Overall, A Hope Undaunted was an enjoyable book with some very valuable lessons that really spoke to my heart. I look forward to reading more books by Julie Lessman, and I am especially interested to see what will follow in the next book of the "Winds of Change" series.

Disclosure: Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another interesting premise -- of course, I'm sort of swayed by anything that was pre-1950s, so you know...I'd probably like this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janet,

    Sweet tea in Geogria, You had me biting my nails for a while there, girl, but soooo glad I FINALLY managed to get you "hooked"!!

    Thank you SO much for taking the time to read and review this book!! Don't know if you are in to posting your reviews on CBD.com or Amazon.com, but if you are, I have a contest running on my website right now where you can not only win a $50 gift card to either of those two sites, but also signed copies of all four of my books. So if that sounds like something you would be interested in, please check out the contest tab of my website at the following link and GOOD LUCK!!

    http://www.julielessman.com/contest/

    Thanks again, Janet!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've been wanting to try this one. :) I tried A Passion Most Pure and couldn't get into it for some reason. But Julie is suppose to be amazing. Maybe it's me.

    ReplyDelete