ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Joyce Meyer is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than eighty inspirational books, including 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life, Never Give Up!, the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books, and two novels, The Penny and Any Minute, as well as many others. She has also released thousands of audio teachings, as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life radio and television programs are broadcast around the world, and she travels extensively conducting conferences.
Click here to read a sample chapter.
Never Give Up! ... Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges is an amazing motivational book, with tons of examples of real people who overcame the odds, simply by keeping their eyes on their goal and not giving up. Some of the names are well known from long ago, while others are little known .. but all are awesome examples of what perseverance can accomplish.
In the first chapter, Joyce uses the example of an eagle who has amazing strength and determination. She then talks about characteristics of other types of birds, and how people have some of these same characteristics. She talks about chickens, magpies, vultures, cuckoos, peacocks, and many more types of birds. Some of her examples made me laugh, while others totally reminded me of someone that I know.
Joyce Mayer challenges the reader to start respecting herself, take care of herself mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Wise and practical advice, and there are numerous examples to motivate and encourage us along the way.
There are so many great quotes in this book, and here are a few of my favourites:
- When you are not exactly where you want to be, remind yourself that neither are you where you used to be!
- If you could be perfect, you would not need Jesus.
- Refuse to settle for anything less than everything God has for you.
- The next time someone hurts you, do yourself a favor and forgive quickly, refuse to be offended, and bless and pray for that person.
- Our challenges may pertain to our health, our children, our marriages, aging parent, stress at work, time management - and the list goes on. We cannot allow these difficult circumstances to derail us as we head toward fulfilling God's plan for our lives. The people who refuse to be deterred are the ones who are determined to stay focused on their jobs, who stay devoted to God, who remain committed to their families, who are determined to confront every obstacle that comes their way. They are winners in life.
I have read many books by Joyce Meyer over the past few years, and Never Give Up! is definitely one of my favourites. It is the type of book that can really change lives, for the better ... as long as we have perseverance and never give up!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of Never Give Up! from Hachette Book Group in exchange for my honest review.