- 48 full-color pages
- 15 real-life stories show how to take action with God's Word
- 52 Take Action ideas
- Personal Take Action note pages
- New King James Version® (NKJV) UltraSlim Bible text
- Translation and text notes
- Words of Jesus in red
- Bible reading plan
The Take Action Bible is part of Thomas Nelson Bible’s God’s Word in Action campaign to empower people to change the world. For more information on the campaign, visit http://www.SeeGodsWordinAction.com.
This is a great little Bible, totally filled with treasures. I loved the stories of people who have taken action and made a difference in their community and beyond. From the little girl who started up a lemonade stand to raise money for flood victims ... to the widow who volunteered to cook at the local homeless shelter, these people impacted many lives. There are fifteen real life stories that will inspire and motivate the reader to do their part.
I especially enjoyed the 52 Action Ideas in the back of the book. These are ways that should inspire us to make a difference, and intended for one idea for each week of the year. Here are a few of the Action Ideas:
- Practice patience and let someone in line in front of you in a store or in traffic.
- Donate a bag of toys to your local children's hospital.
- Contact your church to see if there is a family that has experienced a birth, death or a surgery that you can take a meal to.
- Spread happiness. Smile at everyone you can this week. Smiles are contagious.
I wouldn't replace my regular study Bible with this one, but the slim paperback format will make it easy to tuck into a suitcase, briefcase or backpack. The concordance seems very thorough for the size of the Bible, and I am very impressed with the overall quality and content.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of The Take Action Bible, NKJV courtesy of Book Sneeze in exchange for my honest review.