May 20, 2011

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

In celebration of selling 3 million copies, FaithWords is publishing a special commemorative volume of the updated edition of BATTLEFIELD OF THE MIND.

Worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation: all these are attacks on the mind. If readers suffer from negative thoughts, they can take heart! Joyce Meyer has helped millions win these all-important battles. In her most popular bestseller ever, the beloved author and minister shows readers how to change their lives by changing their minds.

She teaches how to deal with thousands of thoughts that people think every day and how to focus the mind the way God thinks. And she shares the trials, tragedies, and ultimate victories from her own marriage, family, and ministry that led her to wondrous, life-transforming truth--and reveals her thoughts and feelings every step of the way.

This updated commemorative edition features an additional introduction and updated material.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Joyce Meyer is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers, with her TV and radio broadcast, Enjoying Everyday Life, airing on nearly 450 television networks and 400 radio stations worldwide, including ABC Family Channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, Daystar, and the Word Network.

Her bestselling books include Battlefield of the Mind, Look Great, Feel Great, The Confident Woman, Never Give Up! and Power Thoughts.

Joyce holds conferences approximately 15 times each year, worldwide, speaking to thousands.

Format: HARDCOVER BOOK
Edition: Commemorative
Publish Date: 4/13/2011
Price: $26.99/$29.99
ISBN: 9780892968947
Pages: 304

MY THOUGHTS

Our attitudes, moods and thoughts dictate the type of life we have. In Battlefield of the Mind, well-known author Joyce Meyer shares her own personal journey on how she was able to overcome destructive habits and damaging thoughts.

This is not a book that can be read quickly.  It took much longer to read this book than normal, and I had to stop and digest it along the way.  I found the chapter topics very interesting, and here is a quote from one of my favourites from Chapter 16 titled, "My future is determined by my past and my present".

"I lived in pretense behind walls of protection that I had built to keep people from hurting me. I was locking others out, but I was also locking myself in. I was a controller, so filled with fear that the only way I could face life was to feel that I was in control, and then no one could hurt me."

In this particular chapter, Joyce goes on to say that in order to have true freedom, we need to believe that our future is not determined by our past or even our present. All we need to do is believe, and God will do the rest. The key to having this freedom is acquired by having a positive "attitude of gratitude", even when we are going through hard times.

There is so much more in this invaluable resource book that will change lives. It is reassuring to know that we are not alone ... as each of us is likely to battle depression, insecurities or harmful thoughts at some point. She offers solid and biblical insights that are helpful and easy to apply to our lives.

This book is now at the top of my personal list of favourite books, and I highly recommend it for readers of all ages and stages in life.

Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book courtesy of Hachette Book Group in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment