Madeline is struggling with an unemployed husband, ailing mother-in-law and irresponsible children, Avery has lost both her marriage and her career, and Nikki is still reeling from the betrayal of the one person she thought she could trust. Yet just as the women are reinventing themselves and beginning to believe in the power of their friendship and second chances, their secrets once again threaten to destroy everything they have built.
Wendy Wax is the author of eight previous novels. A former broadcaster, she lives in the Atlanta suburbs with her husband and two teenage sons, who have turned her into the shortest member of the family.
Visit Wendy on the web at www.authorwendywax.com or connect with her on Facebook.
Other blog tour participants:
- Monday, May 2nd: Teresa’s Reading Corner
- Wednesday, May 4th: BookNAround
- Thursday, May 5th: 2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews
- Monday, May 9th: A Cozy Reader’s Corner
- Tuesday, May 10th: One Book Shy of a Full Shelf
- Wednesday, May 11th: Reviews from the Heart
- Thursday, May 12th: Book Club Classics
- Friday, May 13th: Peeking Between the Pages
- Monday, May 16th: Life in Review
- Tuesday, May 17th: Book Hooked Blog
- Wednesday, May 18th: Simply Stacie
- Thursday, May 19th: Book Reviews by Molly
- Friday, May 20th: Colloquium
- Tuesday, May 24th: Deb’s Book Bag
- Wednesday, May 25th: Redlady’s Reading Room
- Thursday, May 26th: Rundpinne
- Tuesday, May 31st: Luxury Reading
An elaborate Ponzi scheme strips the finances of the unsuspecting. We have heard of the devastation that these criminals cause, but this story takes it to the next level. Three women who are total strangers become co-owners in a dilapidated and abandoned million-dollar beach house. In desperation, they each spend their last few dollars to check out their property, hoping to make a quick sale and then move on with their lives.
What they find is so much more than a piece of real estate. They find more troubles than they could imagine, and they have two options. They can give up in desperation, or they can work together and fight back. They took a vote and decided to spend the summer restoring the old house, and hopefully increase their chance of a substantial financial return.
Wendy Wax has written a great story that captured my interest from the beginning. The main characters are strong women, but each with secrets that threaten to destroy them individually. But as a team, they can choose to support each other and make a huge impact on many lives, or they can do nothing and face a bleak future.
This is the kind of book that makes me want to walk right into the story and join in on the adventure. It would be great to see the elegant beach house even in it's state of disrepair, and it would be quite an experience to help with the renovations. The characters were so realistic and believable, and I would love to meet them all!
Ten Beach Road is a great summer read, and I highly recommend this book.
Thanks to Lisa at TLC Book Tours, one reader of this blog will win a copy of Ten Beach Road.
- For one entry, leave your email address.
- For a second entry, be a follower of this blog. Leave a separate comment saying that you follow.
- Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win.
- No PO boxes please.
- Giveaway ends Wednesday, May 18.