Detective Nick Tracer just wants to get drunk over the holiday season but an eight-year-old girl hires him to find Santa, and it changes his life. A magical Christmas bus enriches the lives of a veteran and his young daughter. The last S-2, an indestructable android, is given the toughest assignment of his long existence. A Christmas ghost discovers the real magic of Christmas, and on a beautiful California Christmas morning, two people in their 80s recall their lives while sitting on a park bench overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
A ghost plays matchmaker for his younger brother, and two children do the same thing for their single mother. A best friend turns the tables on his buddy, and a sad poem opens the heart of a lonely poet. A bag lady enjoys the view and receives an unexpected guest. And sometimes being too smart can be a disadvantage, particularly when there is a bronze olive involved.
These are just some of the fun and exciting stories in this compilation. There are stories of adventure along with humor, unexpected surprises, romance and poignent moments. These are feel-good stories, to uplift your spirit and to leave you with a smile or a warm feeling. Just the way Christmas should feel.
Jeff R. Spalsbury was born in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, and grew up in the small town of Logan, Ohio. He attended Ohio State University, San Jose State University and the University of Denver. He currently lives in Visalia, California. Before deciding to become a full-time novelist and short-story writer, he was a research librarian, director of a college library and a college professor. He writes Christmas short stories, contemporary, western and science fiction novels.
Visit the author's website at http://www.jeffrspalsbury.com/
Other Blog Tour Stops:
- Monday, November 21st: The Road to Here
- Tuesday, November 22nd: Reviews from the Heart
- Friday, November 25th: A Chick Who Reads
- Monday, November 28th: I Am A Reader, Not A Writer - Q&A/giveaway
- Wednesday, November 30th: Cheryl’s Book Nook
- Thursday, December 1st: Life in Review
- Friday, December 2nd: 2 Kids and Tired
- Monday, December 5th: Laura’s Reviews
- Tuesday, December 6th: Book Maven’s Blog
- Wednesday, December 7th: My Bookshelf
- Thursday, December 8th: Deb’s Book Bag
- Friday, December 9th: Living Outside the Stacks
- Tuesday, December 13th: By the Book
- Wednesday, December 14th: Nailing Jello to a Tree
- Thursday, December 15th: Book Reviews by Molly
- Date TBD: Peeking Between the Pages
Who doesn't love short stories that touch your heart and your funny bone?
When the holiday season demands more than our energy level can handle, this book of 25 short stories is just what the doctor ordered. A quick journey to visit with some new friends, discovering the beauty and magic of Christmas time. Tiny and the Bear, Too Old to Believe in Santa, The Hooker's Kids, A Kitchen by Christmas, That Old Witch on Main Street, The Legend of the Drums, and The Bronze Olive are just a few of the titles in this great Christmas collection.
I really didn't know what to expect when I agreed to review this title, and I was pleasantly surprised by the exceptional quality and variety of stories. This book would make an awesome gift for someone on your Christmas list!