Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz! Bible, girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime.
- Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
- Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
- Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
- Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
- Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
- What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
- Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about.
- The complete NIV translation
- Features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue
From the bright pink cover and right to the very last page, this fantastic FaithGirls! Bible is sure to please girls of all ages. Purple text is one of the features that immediately grabbed my attention, how awesome is that ?
The special "Bring it On" sections are probably my favourite parts of this Bible. For example, on page 756 the little quiz asks the following:
I love how these quizzes take relevant situations that young girls experience, and then encourage them to search the scriptures for the best answers.I have to admit, when I make a promise, I sometimes:A. Make it before I know I can keep it.B. Put off carrying it out.C. Try to get out of keeping it.If you answered ...A. Go to Proverbs 20:25.B. Go to Deuteronomy 23:21 and 23.C. Go to Mark 7:9-13.
The "Is There a Little ... In You" portions are also a great addition to this Bible. This is taken from page 1106, Is There a Little "Worrier" in You?
In the last week, have you stressed, even a little, about:
- What you were going to have to eat that you don't like?
- Whether you were going to get picked for something that was really important to you?
- Whether somebody was going to laugh at your outfit?
The only way to avoid over-worrying about things is to think instead about all the great stuff God has given you -- like life!
I have a precious 9 year old granddaughter who will be receiving this beautiful FaithGirlz! Bible, and I can't wait to hear her reaction.
Disclosure: Review copy received through The B&B Media Group in exchange for my honest review.