Tuesday, August 7

Material Witness by Vannetta Chapman

Tragedy strikes on the opening night of the Fall Crafters Fair when a woman is killed in the parking lot of Daisy's Quilt Shop, and the only material witness is one of Melinda Byer's boys. The investigation takes a more bizarre turn when detective Shane Black becomes convinced the killer was actually after Callie.

This time it's a madman loose in the largest crowd of the year, and he's looking for something or someone. If they can't figure out what, one of Deborah and Callie's close circle of friends may be next.

Masked identities, antique quilts with hidden messages, an Amish boy whose handicap makes him stronger, one brave dog, and a possible hidden treasure ... this time it's nonstop action, danger, and a dash of romance.

Visit the author's website at http://www.vannettachapman.com/

Title: Material Witness
Publisher: Zondervan
Pub Date: September 01, 2012
ISBN: 9780310330455



Material Witness is the third book in the "Shipshewana Amish" mystery series by Vannetta Chapman.  The first two were titled Falling to Pieces and A Perfect Square. This is the first book I have read by Ms. Chapman, and it won't be the last.

I loved the combination of a traditional Amish community mixed with the mystery of murder, treachery and deceit. It was amazing how the people of Shipshewana rallied around each other to solve a very mysterious chain of events. The first victim was an elderly woman who ran a quilt shop.  I found that to be a very peculiar beginning to the book, and couldn't wait to find out "who-done-it".

The mystery of the quilts had me mesmerized, and I would love to see them! A big part of the mystery revolved around a bunch of clues stitched into some ancient quilts, and I found this totally fascinating.

I don't usually like starting a series out of sequence, but this one is absolutely enjoyable as a stand-alone novel.  However, I will be getting my hands on the first two books in the series as soon as possible, I want to read more about the Shipshewana Amish.

Highly recommend this one!

Disclosure: Ebook received through Net Galley courtesy of Zondervan, in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Janet, thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed MW, and please do read the first two. I think you'll enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read book one and am anxiously waiting for book two to arrive as it is back ordered.
    Enjoyed book one.

    ReplyDelete