A support group from breast cancer diagnosis through treatment to rehabilitation and recovery, this book combines inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories written just for this book and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Julie Silver of Harvard Medical School. Patients and survivors will find comfort, strength and hope.
Product Details: Chicken Soup for the Soul, September 2012
Trade Paperback, 256 pages
Hope and Healing for Your Breast Cancer Journey is filled with stories from women who have traveled through a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. It is full of hope and healing, and tips to encourage anyone who is feeling overwhelmed during the course of their treatment and healing.
As listed on the back cover, this book stresses the importance of the following:
- navigating through diagnosis
- building your healthcare team
- assembling your emotional support team - family, friends, support groups, and more
- practical tips and ways to stay positive during and after treatment
- living in the cancer world and the real world at the same time
- healing yourself -- physically and emotionally
- feeling beautiful and enjoying life after a cancer diagnosis
This book is an excellent resource for anyone who is looking for hope during their own breast cancer diagnosis. It is also a great reference for anyone in a support position to someone who is traveling down this road.
Disclosure: Book received courtesy of Shelton Interactive and Simon & Schuster Canada, in exchange for my honest review.