Today might just be a turning point for me and this little old blog. There was an incredible surprise awaiting me in the mail.
First of all, let me share a little history about a very special friend that I met through the blogging world. Her name is Linda and she has an amazing and unique blog at http://hutt-writevoice.blogspot.ca/
Go check out her blog when you have some time to read some amazingly honest and transparent book reviews, and also to get a unique look at a culture that most of us know next to nothing about.
We initially connected through our joint love of Chicken Soup for the Soul books. And the rest is history.
Linda has been an encourager across the miles when I was going through some very hard times. She has shared Bible verses with me in emails, letters, blog comments, and even phone calls. The words she shared with me were exactly what I needed to hear at that particular time.
I have not met Linda in person (yet) but I definitely consider her one of my best friends. I was totally shocked and close to tears today when I found a love package on my doorstep from Linda.
Here's some of the treasures tucked into the box:
- Beautiful handmade slippers with an extra thick sole to keep my feet toasty warm, made by her mother (I love them!!)
- Some chocolate (Everything seems better with chocolate, doesn't it?)
- A music CD performed by the Western Manitoba Hutterian Youth Choir (I didn't tell Linda that my favourite music is a cappella, and I love the harmony of these talented young people)
- The most unique pin cushion I have ever seen, also made by Linda's mother
- A really cute strawberry that opens up into a bag (Linda made this one)
- A book titled Artful Blogging, and it's all about Visually Inspiring Online Journals. Even from the cover, it looks like it is filled with fantastic ideas to motivate and inspire.
- A special dish that Linda made in a school art project, as she works in the local school (I am bringing it for my desk at work, and I can't wait to tell my co-workers about my friend Linda)
- A sweet candle that will always remind me of Linda. She has continually encouraged me to keep looking up, and she has also reminded me often that I am loved.
- Several greeting cards that show me that my dear friend Linda has been thinking of me often.
Dear Linda, you have blessed me today, and so many other days as well. You have been better than "chicken soup to my soul". I just wish that I could deliver several big hugs to you in person today.
Even earlier today, I honestly didn't know where this old blog was heading. Linda has motivated me to remain a part of this amazing network of book bloggers. If there are more treasures like Linda out there in the blogging world, I don't want to miss a chance to connect with them too.