Aug 5, 2017

Good Night, I Love You by Jene Ray Barranco

About the Book:

A Widow's Awakening from Pain to Purpose

In the wake of her husband's sudden and unexpected death, Jene Barranco writes a stunning book of brutal honesty about overwhelming grief, grappling with being a single mother to three grieving teenagers, and how she overcame the deafening silence she felt at the center of her relationship with God. GOOD NIGHT, I LOVE YOU explores with raw and honest prose the author's journey as a widow and what she has learned about grief, marriage, parenting, faith, living life with purpose, and utter dependence on God. Here is a book that will speak to anyone who has ever loved a husband or wife or child.

My Thoughts:

It is hard to find a really good book on grief, and Jene Ray Barranco has documented her own personal journey through her darkest days with transparency and honesty.

After her husband's tragic passing, Jene was kind to herself, her faith was strong, and she had supportive friends and family.  These are all vital components that we need to build around ourselves in preparation for an unknown future.

Some of the details in this book may be hard to understand, especially if you have never traveled through the loss of your best friend and soul mate.  The part that resonated the most with me was her relationship with God.  There were long periods of silence when she didn't know how to pray, and it seemed that God was silent as well. This made me realize that my own journey and feelings were not unique.

Thank you Jene for writing this book, and it has helped me immensely, just knowing that my feelings and reactions to my husband's passing were not unusual. Thank you for opening up your heart and sharing your story.  Hugs from me to you across the miles.

Disclosure: Ebook received through Net Galley courtesy of FaithWords/Center Street in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment