Sep 6, 2017

Mercy Triumphs by Jana Kelley

About the Book:

Mia, an American Christian, has lived in Sudan so long that persecution, harassment, and danger are commonplace for her. Her tough outer shell threatens to harden her heart while her newly Christian friends, Halimah and Rania, former Muslims, are forced to live in exile outside Sudan. All three quickly discover that escaping danger in one place only means facing even greater challenges elsewhere. As God’s mercy becomes evident in their lives, will they be able to offer mercy to those who don’t deserve it?  

My thoughts:

Mercy Triumphs is the third in a series that follows the lives of Mia and her Sudanese friends Halimah and Rania.

The thing that impressed me the most was how Mia learned the important lesson about "blooming where she was planted".  Maybe she didn't agree with the way things turned out, and it definitely wasn't her personal plan.  However, when she finally accepted that God's plan was better than her own personal agenda, she was able to move on with grace and dignity.

Mercy Triumphs is a real eye-opener of the dangers and persecution that so many are facing because of their beliefs. It makes me so thankful for the blessings and freedom that we often take for granted here in Canada.  Thank you Jana Kelley for this great story.

Disclosure: Ebook received through Net Galley courtesy of New Hope Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard about this series. It looks like a good one! Thanks for introducing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy this one too.

      Delete
  2. New to me and even the setting of Sudan is something I'd like to read about. Thanks for this review.

    ReplyDelete